- Creation of the company : March 1926. - A patrimony of 390 ha in the heart of Alsace Vineyard distributed between 180 winegrowers in 14 villages + 100 hectares in extern. - Wine making and marketing of a complete range of 7 Alsatian traditionnal main varietals declined in 3 appellations : A.O.C. Alsace, A.O.C. Alsace Grand Cru and A.O.C. Cremant d'Alsace ; also mentions Vendanges Tardives and Sélection de Grains Nobles. - Turnover of 15 millions € including 30 % realized in the export.
Vinification and complete tracking
- Vinification of our harvest under the control of 2 Oenologists, 1 Quality manager and our own Laboratory. - Certification BRC Global Standards, attests the respect of safety and quality regulations at winery for the harvest, vinification and bottling on the HACCP basis. - 9 pneumatic "self-thinking" presses with a whole pressing capacity of 1 280 hl. These presses enable a quick processing of the grapes in an air-protected environment. - Average annual volume of 30 000 hectoliters. - 180 tanks and casks for a total storage capacity of around 50 000 hectoliters. - Fermenter tanks temperature controlled. - Tangential filtering: (cross-flow) environmentally friendly, no loss of wine and respectful of the organoleptic characteristics of the wine filtered. - Tracking software of the plots and strict control of the yield from the vineyards - Qualitative sorting of the grapes based on the potential alcohol degree recorded as well as photographic analysis of the harvested grapes. - 2 reception desks during harvesting time enables us to make 9 daily selections of grapes according ti their quality level
- Automated bottling line completely sterile bottling at a rate of 9000 bottles per hours under controlled atmosphere to preserve the original quality of the wine, and first quality corking. - Automatic palletising and cartoning
- Ageing cellar of over 2 million bottles located 6 meters underground level with natural air conditioning encircled by a phreatic layer providing perfect hygrometry and ideal temperature 13° to 16° C. - Shipping Warehouse with a storage capacity of more than one million bottles. - Air conditioned Cellar of 2200 m2 for the storage and the elaboration of the AOC Crémant d’Alsace. This sparkling wine is elaborated with the traditional method including a second fermentation in the bottle. Maturation of 15 month on lath minimum and riddling: 20 gyropallets/automatic riddling racks.. - Yearly production : 3.8 millions of bouteilles.
Specificities of the cellar "Jean Geiler"
- A welcoming tasting room where many french and foreign visitors enjoy freely the tasting of all the Appellations Alsace: varietal, terroir wines and sparkling Crémant d’Alsace. - the « winstub » a tasting aera specially dedicated to the groups’tastings or either « wine & Food» or other tasting events. - the conference room « les Terrasses » with its view on the vineyards - the vine-grower museum, witnesses all the evolution concerning the work and tools used by the vine-growers in the vineyards since the end of the XIXth century. - This Museum is seen from the tasting room and offers a beautiful view of 2 monumental oak casks: among which the biggest and only one oak cask still in use in Europe (constructed in 1880), with 4,5m long and 4,2m wide, and a storage capacity of 47 200 bottles !
The quality of Jean Geiler Wines and Crémants of Alsace is judged and rewarded each year at many different wine competitions and by specialised wine writers, not only in France : Concours Général de Paris, Guide Hachette des Vins de France, La Revue des Vins de France, Decanter, Vinalies Internationales …